All-rounder Pipkin stars for Premier high-flyers
NORFOLK ALLIANCE PREMIER, 1, 2: Unbeaten Fakenham sent out a powerful message to their top flight title rivals as they crushed Vauxhall Mallards A by 207 runs.
Joe Pipkin led the way wth five wickets and a half century, Luke Findlay hit 54, Phil Gray weighed in with 78 and Rudi Hillerman bagged four wickets as Fakenham racked up a daunting 304 for 8 before dismissing Mallards for 97. Glen Addicott's 4 for 64 was one of the few bright spots for Mallards.
Norwich and Coltishall Wanderers stay second after forcing victory in a tight encounter with North Runcton who were dismissed for 92 chasing a 113 victory target. Jon Leverett hit 57 and Simon Chipperfield took four wickets in a thrilling draw with Diss as new boys Sprowston, fell seven runs short with their last pair at the wicket.
Bottom-of-the- table Stow earned a winning draw against Lowestoft. James Coe hit 65 in a 178 total with Town's Mpho Sekhoto claiming four wickets before Josh Ring and Jack Redhead shared eight wickets as Lowestoft hung on at 147-9.
An unbeaten half century from Andy Lawrence helped Division One leaders Old Buckenham to beat Bradfield, Ed Botwright taking four wickets as Bucks reached their target with a wicket to spare.
You may also want to watch:
Hales & Loddon's seven-wicket win over Norwich A saw leg-spinner Mark Stewart claim 4 for 41 as Norwich were bowled out for 131. Hales & Loddon won with three overs to spare.
Swardeston II returned from Bradenham with a winning draw posted 176-8, Mike Outar topscoring with 46. Bradenham Mark Hunter finished undefeated on 48. Hethersett and TV kept their Division Two title push on course with a two-wicket win over Saham Toney for whom Adie Wood scored a half century. Centurions Duncan Hewitt and David Lake kept Dereham in hot pursuit, feasting on the Garboldisham bowling as they made 272-3. Jake Anema took four wickets as Garboldisham were skittled for 101. A Will Dungar half century helped Fakenham A to 25-run win over Downham A whose. Dave Grady took five for 37.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 4 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 5 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 6 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 7 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 8 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 9 Cycling trail among ideas for new country park
- 10 Norfolk scenes cut from Netflix's Sutton Hoo film The Dig