Aldborough are ready to return home
Aldborough have been given the go-ahead to play their home games in Norfolk Alliance Division Five on the village green.
Since winning promotion to the Alliance in 2010, Aldborough's first team have played home games at Holt as there were no shower facilities – an Alliance requirement – at Aldborough Green.
But at the club's annual awards dinner, chairman Tim Knight informed guests that the league had given the thumbs up to new changing facilities, meaning Aldborough can return home for the beginning of the 2013 season.
A conversion job on outbuildings at the nearby Black Boys pub has rectified the shower problem and provided a further boost for Aldborough, who won their final match of the season to secure their Division Five status.
Club captain Mike Cramp hopes the news will give cricket at one of Norfolk's most picturesque venues a big boost: 'This is great news for the club,' he said. 'It has been a difficult three seasons to motivate existing players to play home games away from Aldborough Green and attract new players to the club for the same reason. I am delighted that we can now plan for next season knowing we will be back at our home ground. On behalf of the club, I would like to thank the Black Boys pub, who have been key in enabling the team to return home.'
You may also want to watch:
He added: ' A lot of hard work has gone on behind the scenes to make this happen and I am sure the club will benefit as a result. We managed to retain our Division Five status last season and now we will be looking to build on that.
'Obviously all the lads are looking forward to getting back on the Green again on a Saturday afternoon because it's a lovely place to play the game.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
'It's a lovely place to watch as well and hopefully people in the village will give us a look at some stage.'