AFC Sudbury 2 Norwich United 2: Planters rally to take point on the road
- Credit: Archant
A 90th minute own goal gave Norwich United a point as they twice came from behind at AFC Sudbury's Wardale Williams Stadium.
Billy Holland found the top corner from 20 yards to give the hosts a third minute lead. The Planters equalised eight minutes before the break. Hipperson's shot was blocked but Pollock reacted quickly and found Nathan Stewart who shot home from 10 yards out. Hipperson then forced two good saves from ex-Planters and Lowestoft keeper Jake Jessup.
After the break Stewart twice found Tim Henery who hit a shot and a header high before the hosts scored against the run of play. Tom Dettmar's cut back from the byline found Ollie Peters at the far post and he had time to pick his spot.
The Planters weren't to be denied a point however, and in the 90th minute Hipperson's fierce shot from the right was deflected into his own goal by Joe Whight.
AFC Sudbury: Jessup, Crisell, Clowsley, Holland, French (Mills 40), Whight, Hunter (Munday 55), Dettmar (Colclough 75), McKenzie, Horne, Peters. Unused sub: Dunnage.
You may also want to watch:
Planters: Wilton, Mackie, Applegate (Carroll 86), Wones, Eastaugh, Watts, Henery (Jackson 65), Pollock (Dade 80), Jones, Stewart, Hipperson. Unused sub: Probert.
Referee: B Bowles. Assistants: Ms S Ford & E Robinson.
- 1 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 2 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 3 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 4 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 5 Inquest hears sister of Hannah Witheridge died while pregnant
- 6 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 7 Cannabis stash worth about £2000 found hidden in home
- 8 'They're blaming me' - Social housing tenant angry over state of flat
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach