Rangers riding high at top of Norwich Sunday League
- Credit: Archant
A mixture of league and the remaining county cup games – and a sunny morning – greeted Sunday football enthusiasts.
In the Premier Division, disappointingly, only two games took place.
Acle Rangers moved a point clear at the top after winning 5-2 at Horsford FC whilst Phoenix are second following a narrow 3-2 victory over Poringland Wanderers. Jamie Smith (2) and Matt Jillings scored for the home side whilst Matty Elwin twice replied.
Woolpack remain top of Division One after a comfortable win over Windmill Wanderers and Drayton Dazzlers made it five from five when winning 2-0 at Norman Wanderers. There was a good win for Marlborough, 6-2 (Sonny Clarke 2, Barney Dickerson, Josh Gathergood, Jordan Wheeler, Jack Hollings) at Hethersett Athletic and there were two goals from Dean Mortimer as Aslacton won 2-1 at Brooke.
In Division Two, MC Rovers moved to within a point of leaders Silver Fox as Matt Dye (2) and Ross Joy scored in a good 3-0 home win over AFC Norwich. Bungay Town and DCS Rapid drew 1-1 and Dynamo continued their recent good run with a 3-1 defeat of East Tuddenham. There were no goals in the game between Acle Rangers Res and Newsman Celtic.
You may also want to watch:
Watton United show no signs of slowing down at the top of Division Three. Their 6-1 home win over FC Viking Res keeps them three points clear of Easton FC who had a Ricky Bevis double and a Rhys Cousins strike to thank for their 3-1 win over Nelsons Ath.
Aylsham Sunday scored five without reply against Sporting Iceni whilst Eaton FC came from behind to win 4-1 (Daniel Hawkie 2, Grant Brighton, Kyriakos Kyriakof) at Woodton Utd.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Cellar House ended their recent poor run with a 3-1 victory at AG Athletic.
With Cringleford in County Cup action, Moose Park Rangers took full advantage to move top of Division Four with a 4-2 (Lewis Perretta 2, Max Marsham, Charlie Lambe) home win over Holt United.
Long Stratton scored five times in beating Yelverton, whilst Curtis Moore, Dan Smith and Thomas Strickland all scored in a narrow 3-2 victory for Earsham at home to Mulbarton Wanderers.