Lowestoft prepare for Emirates FA Cup clash
Lowestoft Town FC will begin their Emirates FA Cup journey this evening (Tuesday).
They will face Aveley at Crown Meadow and the game will kick off later than usual – with the match now kicking off at 8pm instead of the previously advertised 7.45pm.
Having been drawn in the Emirates FA Cup first qualifying round against the Pitching In Isthmian League North Division side, Lowestoft chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “At the request of our opponents Aveley FC the game on Tuesday evening will now kick off at 8pm.
“Our capacity for the game will be 600 people and additional COVID-19 measures will be in place like temperature checks.
“Gates, bar and food outlets will open at 6.30pm and we urge supporters to arrive as early as possible to avoid long queues.
“As previous you will be asked to wear your face mask whilst queuing up for food and drink.”
Jamie Godbold’s men started the new campaign with a fine opening day away league victory on Saturday, as two Jacek Zielonka penalties sealed a 2-1 win at Barwell in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League.
- 1 'Squatter' couple become legal owners of land as saga continues
- 2 WATCH: Moment hero doorman tackles knifeman during Norwich triple stabbing
- 3 Norfolk car dealership and MOT centre named among best in the country
- 4 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 5 'My life has been plagued by fly-tipping for a year - I need it to stop'
- 6 Man who died in Old Buckenham crash named
- 7 Passengers angry after train heading to Norwich delayed for hours
- 8 'This affects everyone' - Erosion strikes Hemsby again
- 9 Norwich independent school named one of best in East Anglia
- 10 Arrests after woman held hostage in home containing drugs and samurai sword