Lowestoft prepare for Emirates FA Cup clash
Lowestoft Town FC will begin their Emirates FA Cup journey this evening (Tuesday).
They will face Aveley at Crown Meadow and the game will kick off later than usual – with the match now kicking off at 8pm instead of the previously advertised 7.45pm.
Having been drawn in the Emirates FA Cup first qualifying round against the Pitching In Isthmian League North Division side, Lowestoft chairman Gary Keyzor told the club’s website: “At the request of our opponents Aveley FC the game on Tuesday evening will now kick off at 8pm.
“Our capacity for the game will be 600 people and additional COVID-19 measures will be in place like temperature checks.
“Gates, bar and food outlets will open at 6.30pm and we urge supporters to arrive as early as possible to avoid long queues.
You may also want to watch:
“As previous you will be asked to wear your face mask whilst queuing up for food and drink.”
Jamie Godbold’s men started the new campaign with a fine opening day away league victory on Saturday, as two Jacek Zielonka penalties sealed a 2-1 win at Barwell in the Pitching In Southern Premier Division Central League.
- 1 Escape to the Country names 'north Norfolk's seaside capital'
- 2 Anger as woodland used as 'playground and dustbin'
- 3 Pretty thatched cafe business on Broads for sale for £75,000
- 4 Former village pub for sale as home
- 5 Report into woman's murder by jealous ex: 'Employers must do more'
- 6 First look at five new homes released for sale at popular site in Taverham
- 7 Before and after: How has Norwich changed over the years?
- 8 Homes plan to be revealed for former infant school
- 9 Giant Victorian underground reservoir marks supplying city for 150 years
- 10 Fit for a king or queen: 'Castle' for sale at auction for £650,000