Team GB superstars join Trowse Snowsports’ 50th birthday bash
- Credit: Archant
Norfolk Snowsports Club celebrated their 50th birthday with crowd-wowing demos by Team GB superstars.
Pat Sharples, Team GB Head Coach for Park & Pipe, and homegrown talent Will Feneley opened the 'end of summer fete' with dynamic slope displays.
Will, a full time athlete for the British Freestyle Moguls Squad, trained with the club from the age of six, before he was scouted to represent Britain on the international stage.
Deborah Anstee, Club Manager said: 'It's great timing for us that Will is back in the UK for a short break from his training as a full time moguls athlete and that he can come back to the Club to inspire other skiers'
Founded on January 18, 1968, by a group of teenage skiers fresh from a Norfolk Youth Service holiday course, the non-for-profit club continued to grow until moving to its current Trowse base 1986.
You may also want to watch:
Its 50th year has been jam packed with a special programme of celebratory events.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 3 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 4 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman dies in village
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 Villagers in shock after woman dies in suspected murder
- 8 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 9 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 10 Woman who bit an officer among eight people arrested in town