A sensational second-half fightback lifted Fakenham Town off the bottom of the Premier Division table.

While fellow strugglers Thetford Town and Saffron Walden Town tasted defeat, Robbie Harris' Ghosts also seemed to be on the way to another loss of their own as they shipped three goals inside the first 45 minutes at Newmarket Town.

But the men from Clipbush Park produced a roaring comeback to find the net four times themselves through Ben Boyce, Lee Day and a Kyle Plumb brace to enjoy a memorable away day and climb two places to 18th.

Replacing Fakenham as the new basement boys are Thetford after they were beaten 2-0 at home by Felixstowe & Walton United.

A much larger than usual crowd of 203 took in the action as part of an emotional charity fun day in aid of terminally ill 27-year-old mother of three Louise Cook. Unfortunately the Brecklanders were unable to cause an upset as the high-flying visitors kept pace with the top two thanks to strikes from Callum Bennett and Armani Schaar.

Walden were also unable to enjoy a big day of their own as 311 fans witnessed their 125-year celebrations of playing at the Meadow coming to a close with a 2-1 loss against Stanway.

It was business at usual at the summit with leaders Norwich United winning 2-1 at Long Melford (Adam Bennett penalty, Adam Hipperson) and their nearest challengers Godmanchester Rovers seeing off Mildenhall Town 3-1.

Kaiden Goldspink and Jordan Haverson netted on the road for Kirkley & Pakefield but it wasn't enough to secure a triumph as Adam Daniels bagged a brace for FC Clacton.

In the First Division, Great Yarmouth Town ensured they remained four points behind pacesetters Wivenhoe Town – who edged Ely City 1-0 – after surviving a late scare.

The Bloaters raced into a three-goal lead at home to Stowmarket Town yet were made to sweat for an eventual 3-2 triumph. Diss Town had a much less nervy end to their afternoon by thumping Debenham LC 5-1. Kyle Downes (2), Chris Holmes (2) and Callum Olpin registered for the Tangerines.

King's Lynn Town Reserves produced a stirring comeback to beat Cornard United 3-2, Downham Town drew 2-2 with Team Bury's second-string while Dereham Town Reserves lost 1-0 at their AFC Sudbury counterparts.

In the United Counties League Premier Division Wisbech Town – boosted by the arrival of ex-Lynn trio Michael Frew, Ross Watson and Adam Millson from Spalding – made it back-to-back wins by beating Rothwell Corinthians 2-0. Rob Hughes and Billy Smith scored the Fenmen's goals.