2012 marks centenary of Norfolk Ladies County Golf Association
This year marks the centenary of Norfolk Ladies County Golf Association – and the milestone is being marked by a series of events.
The 100th birthday has already got off to a fine start, with Carol Delf receiving the County Development Award from the England Golf Partnership for 2012 and Jo and Robert Barnard from Bawburgh winning the GolfMark Club of the Year award for their outstanding contribution to junior and beginners' golf. There is a also wealth of history, achievement and sportsmanship recorded in the Association's archives, ready to be celebrated during the year.
Norfolk County President Nickie Clarke and the centenary sub-committee of Judith MacKinnon, Yvette Douglas, Louise Briggs and Helen Marsters, have been working to raise funds through raffles, County am/am's and other activities.
They have put together a programme of events to be held throughout the centenary year.
Nickie Clarke and Shelagh Rump have also compiled county history albums that are available for clubs in Norfolk to borrow and display for members.
You may also want to watch:
• Centenary events:
April 26: Centenary Am/Am, Eaton Golf Club.
- 1 Revealed: Siblings' bodies were found after father's death
- 2 Body believed to be missing man found near Norfolk coast
- 3 'It did not deliver': Glamping site vows to improve after guests hit out
- 4 Neighbours of murdered woman tell of terrifying scene in close
- 5 Sales rep who died at nature reserve named at inquest
- 6 No-frills Norwich pub offers top-notch food and every dish is under £8
- 7 Covid infection rates plummet in Norfolk
- 8 Police name murder victim, who died of 'severe head injury'
- 9 North Norfolk fish and chip shop among best in the country
- 10 Firefighters dash to tackle blaze at coastal holiday resort
June 30: Centenary Team competition club qualifier.
July 12: Centenary Lunch, Delia Smith's Top of the Terrace Restaurant, Carrow Road.
August 9: Centenary Team Competition final, Thetford Golf Club. In addition, all county competition entry fees will be halved for 2012 and a centenary memento awarded to each trophy winner. All affiliated lady members will be presented with a special pen as a memento of the year.