2012 marks centenary of Norfolk Ladies County Golf Association
This year marks the centenary of Norfolk Ladies County Golf Association – and the milestone is being marked by a series of events.
The 100th birthday has already got off to a fine start, with Carol Delf receiving the County Development Award from the England Golf Partnership for 2012 and Jo and Robert Barnard from Bawburgh winning the GolfMark Club of the Year award for their outstanding contribution to junior and beginners' golf. There is a also wealth of history, achievement and sportsmanship recorded in the Association's archives, ready to be celebrated during the year.
Norfolk County President Nickie Clarke and the centenary sub-committee of Judith MacKinnon, Yvette Douglas, Louise Briggs and Helen Marsters, have been working to raise funds through raffles, County am/am's and other activities.
They have put together a programme of events to be held throughout the centenary year.
Nickie Clarke and Shelagh Rump have also compiled county history albums that are available for clubs in Norfolk to borrow and display for members.
• Centenary events:
April 26: Centenary Am/Am, Eaton Golf Club.
- 1 Norfolk beach named among UK's most contaminated
- 2 Revealed: Buyer of Norwich Airport Industrial Estate - and what they paid
- 3 New reservoir could secure region's water supply - but will cost over £1bn
- 4 Overnight works on stretch of A47 prompt 50-mile diversion for two weeks
- 5 Neighbours describe axe brawl in Norfolk village
- 6 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 7 Man in his 20s dies after hit-and-run
- 8 Crews battle overnight house fire in north Norfolk
- 9 Several roads closed in King's Lynn due to crash and police incident
- 10 Man in 20s killed and another seriously injured in motorbike crash
June 30: Centenary Team competition club qualifier.
July 12: Centenary Lunch, Delia Smith's Top of the Terrace Restaurant, Carrow Road.
August 9: Centenary Team Competition final, Thetford Golf Club. In addition, all county competition entry fees will be halved for 2012 and a centenary memento awarded to each trophy winner. All affiliated lady members will be presented with a special pen as a memento of the year.