Sophie Ellis-Bextor to join Erasure at Thetford Forest
Multi-platinum selling singer Sophie Ellis Bextor will join 1980s duo Erasure for their Thetford Forest gig this summer.
The pop starlet has been announced as the support act for the concert on June 10, as well as the group's other Forestry Commission shows.
Following the announcement, Ms Ellis-Bextor said: 'I am really looking forward to supporting Erasure on the June dates of their Total Pop! Forest tour. I can't wait to get out in the woods.'
Ms Ellis-Bextor, daughter of former Blue Peter presenter Janet Ellis, began her musical career as lead singer of the indie-rock band Theaudience.
But she is probably best known for her solo career which began in 2000 with Groovejet (If this Ain't Love), a collaboration with Italian DJ Spiller.
You may also want to watch:
Having kept Victoria Beckham off the number one spot, she went on to have hits with Murder on the Dancefloor, Take Me Home, Get Over You and others.
Her fourth album, Make A Scene, is due to be released later this year.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
Electro-pop duo Erasure, also known as Vince Clarke and Andy Bell, formed 25 years now and are set to release a new record this summer.
Their hits have included singles like A Little Respect, Sometimes, Blue Savannah and Love To Hate You, leading to five consecutive number one albums.
Ms Ellis-Bextor is the latest act to be announced for this year's series of gigs at Thetford Forest.
Confirmations so far are:
June 9, Status Quo.
June 10, Erasure, with special guest Sophie Ellis-Bextor.
June 11, Simple Minds, with support from Starsailor frontman James Walsh.
Performers for a second weekend of gigs from July 14 to 16 have yet to be announced.
Tickets for the Erasure gig, featuring Ms Ellis-Bextor, cost �34.50 and are available from the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.