Sleeping Beauty with a twist in Old Buckenham
This festive season and New Year sees a first for East Anglia, with Old Buckenham Players' production of Sleeping Beauty by John Bartlett.
The classic fairytale of Sleeping Beauty is well known, but this 2009 adaptation, set 100 years after the fateful prick on the finger, gives a slightly different perspective of the story.
With a combination of shadow puppetry and spells cast by the Good and Bad Fairies, the audience (and characters) are transported back and forth through the 100-year timespan, piecing together the puzzle in order to foil evil Carabosse's plan.
Audiences can expect 'laugh-a-second' scenes (including a rather messy one!), two dames, a gorilla, a horse and music with a blend of classic and modern chart hits in this production directed by Tom Key and Jon Moule.
Mr Key said: 'This adaptation of Sleeping Beauty is brilliantly modern while keeping those beloved traditional pantomime quirks alive.'
You may also want to watch:
Sleeping Beauty will be staged at Old Buckenham Village Hall where there is a bar, interval raffle, choc ices and a chance for members of the audience to become a star for the night.
Performance dates are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 17-19, at 7.30pm with a matinee performance on Saturday, January 19, at 2.30pm.
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 3 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 4 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 9 Councillor 'incandescent' over second-home owners breaking Covid rules
- 10 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
Tickets – �7, or �4 for under-14s – available from Nuts and Bolts in Attleborough, Old Buckenham Post Office Stores or by calling 01603 810373.