Sleeping Beauty with a twist in Old Buckenham
This festive season and New Year sees a first for East Anglia, with Old Buckenham Players' production of Sleeping Beauty by John Bartlett.
The classic fairytale of Sleeping Beauty is well known, but this 2009 adaptation, set 100 years after the fateful prick on the finger, gives a slightly different perspective of the story.
With a combination of shadow puppetry and spells cast by the Good and Bad Fairies, the audience (and characters) are transported back and forth through the 100-year timespan, piecing together the puzzle in order to foil evil Carabosse's plan.
Audiences can expect 'laugh-a-second' scenes (including a rather messy one!), two dames, a gorilla, a horse and music with a blend of classic and modern chart hits in this production directed by Tom Key and Jon Moule.
Mr Key said: 'This adaptation of Sleeping Beauty is brilliantly modern while keeping those beloved traditional pantomime quirks alive.'
You may also want to watch:
Sleeping Beauty will be staged at Old Buckenham Village Hall where there is a bar, interval raffle, choc ices and a chance for members of the audience to become a star for the night.
Performance dates are Thursday, Friday and Saturday, January 17-19, at 7.30pm with a matinee performance on Saturday, January 19, at 2.30pm.
- 1 Two Norfolk hotels named among the best in the country
- 2 Man dies following crash between tractor and car
- 3 Jonny to the rescue! Boyfriend springs into action after coffee spill drama
- 4 Family's anger at sentencing of driver who killed 'kind and caring' nan
- 5 Farmhouse sells at auction after 60 bids - but how much did it go for?
- 6 Wife's tribute to horse-loving 'true-gentleman' after inquest
- 7 Former policeman to appear in court accused of rape
- 8 12 police vehicles called to 'very serious' crash in west Norfolk
- 9 The Original Factory Shop opens its doors in north Norfolk
- 10 Delays on A47 following crash
Tickets – �7, or �4 for under-14s – available from Nuts and Bolts in Attleborough, Old Buckenham Post Office Stores or by calling 01603 810373.