Shakespeare’s Richard III takes to the stage in Diss
'Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun of York'
With these immortal lines, on to the stage comes Shakespeare's most charismatic and most complete villain.
And before the audience can draw breath, Richard of Gloucester, youngest brother to the newly-crowned king, has already begun to map out his bloody path to the throne.
RoughCast Theatre Company's typically high-energy and fast-paced performance ensures that the audience will take as much delight in Richard's blackly humorous rise to power as Richard does himself; and then be enthralled as the brutal tyrant (like so many before and since) desperately tries to hang on to power.
Richard III takes to the stage at Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, March 24, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets �8, concessions �6. Box office: call 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk
- 1 Drink driver arrested after crashing into two trees in Norwich
- 2 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid
- 3 Yellow weather warning for snow in place across region
- 4 Jack-knifed lorry shuts A148 as police issue ice warning
- 5 9 of Norfolk's most famous blue plaques
- 6 The secrets and scandals of a former Norwich hotel
- 7 Map reveals the most serious crashes on the NDR since it fully opened
- 8 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 9 It's 'a long, long way' until lockdown restrictions are lifted - Hancock
- 10 Up and coming Norwich musician reaches number 13 in UK charts