Shakespeare’s Richard III takes to the stage in Diss
'Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this sun of York'
With these immortal lines, on to the stage comes Shakespeare's most charismatic and most complete villain.
And before the audience can draw breath, Richard of Gloucester, youngest brother to the newly-crowned king, has already begun to map out his bloody path to the throne.
RoughCast Theatre Company's typically high-energy and fast-paced performance ensures that the audience will take as much delight in Richard's blackly humorous rise to power as Richard does himself; and then be enthralled as the brutal tyrant (like so many before and since) desperately tries to hang on to power.
Richard III takes to the stage at Diss Corn Hall on Saturday, March 24, at 7.30pm.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets �8, concessions �6. Box office: call 01379 652241 or visit www.disscornhall.co.uk
- 1 Water outages hit homes across city
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 4 Taxi driver stole more than £17,000 from his employer
- 5 People released from car after crash closes road
- 6 Landlady warns community pubs are being 'crucified' by new measures
- 7 Norfolk hospitals have discharged over 1,100 coronavirus patients
- 8 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 9 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 10 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140