Rick Astley announces Rumer as special guest for Thetford Forest concert
- Credit: Forestry Commission
Rick Astley has announced singer-songwriter Rumer as the support act for his summer show in Thetford Forest in 2017.
She will join the Never Gonna Give You Up singer on stage at High Lodge on Saturday, July 1 as part of the Forest Live concert series, promoted by the Forestry Commission.
Rumer's debut album, Seasons Of My Soul, sold more than 1m copies. She has been called the 'heir to Dusty Springfield and Karen Carpenter' by Q Magazine and earned rave reviews for her live shows across the globe including performances for US President Barack Obama at the White House and the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Rumer's next album, This Girl's In Love: a Bacharach & David Songbook, will feature some of Burt Bacharach and Hal David's most memorable co-compositions. It will be released on November 25.
Brit Award winner Astley's first No 1 album in 29 years, titled '50', has already gone gold and has been well received by fans and critics alike, with singles Keep Singing and Angels On My Side raking in nearly 1.8m views on VEVO and over 600,000 streams on Spotify.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norwich sees biggest rise in Covid infection rates in the country
- 2 Hotel 'nobody wants to buy' for sale as housing for £365,000
- 3 Nine Norfolk flood alerts ahead of Storm Christoph
- 4 Man who died in west Norfolk crash named
- 5 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 6 Aviva to close two large office sites in Norwich
- 7 Delivery van towed from deep water on road closed due to flood risk
- 8 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 9 Going full term during this coronavirus pandemic fills me with absolute terror
- 10 Builder took pink pill and ran naked around hotel