Rick Astley announces Rumer as special guest for Thetford Forest concert
- Credit: Forestry Commission
Rick Astley has announced singer-songwriter Rumer as the support act for his summer show in Thetford Forest in 2017.
She will join the Never Gonna Give You Up singer on stage at High Lodge on Saturday, July 1 as part of the Forest Live concert series, promoted by the Forestry Commission.
Rumer's debut album, Seasons Of My Soul, sold more than 1m copies. She has been called the 'heir to Dusty Springfield and Karen Carpenter' by Q Magazine and earned rave reviews for her live shows across the globe including performances for US President Barack Obama at the White House and the Queen at Buckingham Palace.
Rumer's next album, This Girl's In Love: a Bacharach & David Songbook, will feature some of Burt Bacharach and Hal David's most memorable co-compositions. It will be released on November 25.
Brit Award winner Astley's first No 1 album in 29 years, titled '50', has already gone gold and has been well received by fans and critics alike, with singles Keep Singing and Angels On My Side raking in nearly 1.8m views on VEVO and over 600,000 streams on Spotify.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Pedestrian dies after being hit by lorry on A47
- 2 Major rush hour delays expected as crash involving lorry closes part of A47
- 3 Flood warnings along Norfolk coast, with Wells flood gate in place
- 4 Tributes as Leanne, 29, dies after receiving cancer 'all-clear'
- 5 Norfolk receives overnight flood warnings
- 6 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 7 Crash blocks road off A47 at Honingham
- 8 Two Norfolk care homes among the best in region
- 9 Yarmouth man convicted of historic rape after DNA match
- 10 Former sixth form land could be divided up and sold