Pre-season friendlies: Linnets head to Braintree
- Credit: Archant
King's Lynn Town are back on their travels on Saturday afternoon for their penultimate pre-season friendly.
Ian Culverhouse takes his side to Braintree Town (3pm) for arguably the biggest test of what has been a successful summer campaign to date - their hosts were relegated from the National League last season.
Culverhouse is expected to field the same set of players who have helped the Linnets to four warm-up wins - over Stamford, Bury Town, Needham Market and, on Tuesday, Dereham Town.
Lynn entertain a Charlton Athletic Under-23s side on Tuesday before opening their National League North campaign at Guiseley next Saturday.
Dereham are back at Aldiss Park where they host Anglian Combination neighbours Mattishall (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
Lowestoft welcome Bowers and Pitsea to Crown Meadow before travelling to Gorleston on Tuesday evening and then completing pre-season with a home match against Dereham Town next Saturday.
The Blues gave a visiting Ipswich Town Under-23 side an excellent run for their money on Wednesday evening before going down 2-1 in a pre-season friendly.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 3 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 4 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 5 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 6 How Norfolk are you? Take this quiz to find out
- 7 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 8 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor
- 9 Chantry Place 'close to finalising deals' with four major brands
- 10 Woman who died in A47 collision named
The Trawlerboys recovered from the shock of conceding an early goal to give a good account of themselves at Crown Meadow and deservedly equalised early in the second half through the lively Jake Reed before Town quickly regained the lead.
Jamie Godbold's side, which included four trialists, twice went close to equalising again, with a Reed effort being blocked and a Jack Wilkinson free-kick hitting the bar, but Ipswich took the win.
Neighbours Kirkley & Pakefield complete their pre-season preparations with a home game against Harleston Town who were demoted to back to the Anglian Combination during the summer because of issues with their ground (2pm).
Norwich United travel to relegated Great Yarmouth Town and Fakenham Town have a home friendly with Thetford Town,
Gorleston's friendly against Waveney will now be played at Emerald Park (3pm). Thurlow Nunn Premier Division newcomers Swaffham travel to Deeping Rangers while Wroxham have visitors from south Wales in the shape of Risca United.