Pop star Ed Sheeran announces Thetford Forest gig
Singer songwriter Ed Sheeran has announced a one-off show at Thetford Forest as part of this year's line up of summer gigs.
The performer, form Framlingham, Suffolk, has had a succession of high-profile singles and his debut album, '+', released in September hit the top of the charts twice.
He has generated hit singles including The A Team, Lego House, and You Need Me, I Don't Need You, as well as winning the 2011 Q Award for Breakthrough Artist and radio one's Teen Awards best single for The A Team.
He said: 'I am delighted to confirm this gig as my only East Anglian show in 2012. It will be a forest first for me and I can't wait to get on stage amongst the trees and perform in such a unique place.'
The gig, on July 12, is the latest to be announced as part of Forestry Commission Live Music. Income generated from ticket sales will be spent on improving forests for both people and wildlife.
You may also want to watch:
Others already confirmed to play in the forest this summer include Plan B on June 15, Will Young on June 16 and The Darkness on July 14.
Tickets for Ed Sheeran will go on sale on January 13 at 9am. They will cost �24 (subject to booking fee) and available by calling the Forestry Commission box office on 03000 680400 or online at www.forestry.gov.uk/music.
- 1 The areas where Covid rates have fallen the fastest since lockdown began
- 2 'Small number' of staff at town's Tesco test positive for Covid-19
- 3 ‘I cried so much’ - Mum-of-four on impact of whole family having Covid
- 4 Norwich Debenhams looks doomed as Boohoo to buy brand
- 5 'We're all shocked' - Butchers shop attacked by vandals
- 6 Shock as cannabis factory found in quiet Broads' village
- 7 Bus crashes into lorry in Norwich
- 8 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 9 Pretty thatched cafe on Broads up for sale for £75,000
- 10 Norwich hairdresser, former boxer and bodybuilder, dies from Covid