Poll: give us your predictions for this year’s big Oscar winners?
- Credit: PA
Has La La Land got it in the bag or will a lesser fancied film scoop it to the big prize of the best picture Oscar at the 89th Academy Awards?
Modern musical La La Land, a shameless love-letter to Los Angeles, has had Oscar buzz for months and it leads the way with 14 nominations, equalling the record of Titanic and All About Eve.
That includes nominations for its director Damien Chazelle and leading stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, plus two in one category, best song.
However you'd be a fool to overlook many other stand-outs including Moonlight, in UK cinemas this week, which is up for eight awards, including best picture, director (Barry Jenkins) and supporting awards for Mahershala Ali and UK actress Naomie Harris.
Also out this week is Hidden Figures, up for best picture and best supporting actress for Octavia Spencer.
You may also want to watch:
Other contenders include Arrival, Lion, Manchester by the Sea and Hacksaw Ridge, directed by Mel Gibson nominated for his direction.
All will be revealed at the Oscars ceremony on February 26 — but give us your predictions of who will be carrying off the golden statues…
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 3 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 4 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga
- 8 Norwich man convicted of murder boasts of mutilating 'up to 30' cats
- 9 'A lovely talented man': Tributes to Cromer Pier Show headliner Phil Butler
- 10 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school