Poll: give us your predictions for this year’s big Oscar winners?
- Credit: PA
Has La La Land got it in the bag or will a lesser fancied film scoop it to the big prize of the best picture Oscar at the 89th Academy Awards?
Modern musical La La Land, a shameless love-letter to Los Angeles, has had Oscar buzz for months and it leads the way with 14 nominations, equalling the record of Titanic and All About Eve.
That includes nominations for its director Damien Chazelle and leading stars Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone, plus two in one category, best song.
However you'd be a fool to overlook many other stand-outs including Moonlight, in UK cinemas this week, which is up for eight awards, including best picture, director (Barry Jenkins) and supporting awards for Mahershala Ali and UK actress Naomie Harris.
Also out this week is Hidden Figures, up for best picture and best supporting actress for Octavia Spencer.
You may also want to watch:
Other contenders include Arrival, Lion, Manchester by the Sea and Hacksaw Ridge, directed by Mel Gibson nominated for his direction.
All will be revealed at the Oscars ceremony on February 26 — but give us your predictions of who will be carrying off the golden statues…
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland
- 10 Several burst mains in town leave homes without water