Opera Babes front Harleston & Waveney Festival line-up
- Credit: Archant
Harleston is all set for eleven days of eclectic entertainment and family-friendly events.
The 14th annual Harleston & Waveney Festival runs from August 21-31 and will take place at venues across the beautiful Waveney Valley.
Headlining the festival is popular duo Opera Babes, pictured above, who have sold two million albums world-wide.
Mezzo soprano Karen England and soprano Rebecca Knight will perform several pieces from their new album, Silent Noon at St Mary's Church, Redenhall, on Tuesday, August 25.
In an exclusive for the festival Harleston's resident playwright Eileen Ryan will present the world premiere of her play An Engagement with Death.
You may also want to watch:
Specially written for the festival, the 1950s murder mystery will be performed in the colonnade at the back of the Swan Hotel in the town on Saturday, August 22.
Another highlight of the festival is the Family Fun Day on Bank Holiday Monday to be held at the Wilderness Lane Rec.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 9 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 10 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
The event will include a variety of stalls, vintage vehicles, music from the 1940s to 70s and, weather permitting, a flypast.
Chairman of the festival Robin Twigge said: 'Ticket sales are going very well. Generally there seems to be more support this year. The Lancaster bomber that was planned for the fun day has had to go in to hospital so we will now have a Spitfire and Hurricane instead.'
For literary fans acclaimed author Tim Clayton, famous for his naval and military histories, will be hosting a lunch at the Swan Hotel on August 28.
During the festival Harleston's Future will be exhibiting more than 100 photographs at The Swan, marking their second birthday and charting the community activities and events they have helped generate.
Other events include talks, workshops, walks, concerts and plenty of events for children.
The festival is run by a small committee of five Harleston residents who work year round to make the event happen.
To book tickets, contact the box office on 07952 262162 or 01379 852221 and for information visit www.harlestonandwaveney festival.co.uk
Do you have a Harleston story? Email firstname.lastname@example.org