Norwich City’s Spurs loanee Kyle Naughton banned for speeding in Norfolk
A premiership footballer will be relying on public transport for the next 15 months after being caught speeding at almost 100mph down the A11.
Kyle Naughton, who is on loan to Norwich City from Tottenham Hotspur, was caught twice last year breaking the speed limit in Norfolk while driving in his Audi.
The 23-year-old right back told Norwich Magistrates' Court he had since sold the Audi after being caught speeding three times previously and was now using public transport to visit his family in Sheffield.
Naughton of The Manor, Woodford Green, Essex, was snapped on August 19, 2011, travelling at 53mph in a 30mph zone on the B1113 near Swardeston at 10.15pm.
Exactly three months later on November 19, he was caught on the A11 near Wymondham travelling at 96mph in a 70mph zone at 3.50pm.
You may also want to watch:
Naughton, who admitted both offences, said: 'I just wanted to say sorry. I got rid of the car as soon as I started picking up points.'
On top of the 15-month driving ban, Naughton was fined �660 and given six points for the August offence. He was fined �900 and given five points for the November offence.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 3 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 9 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 10 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety