Norwich City Ladies seek quick double over Braintree
Norwich City Ladies will be looking for a quick double over Braintree on Sunday as they head into a crucial part of the season.
They hosted the SE Combination basement side last weekend and despite a number of players absent through illness, injuries and unavailability, the Canaries got a comprehensive 5-0 win.
Despite the horrible windy conditions felt by all teams over the weekend, City played their normal passing game to claim another three points and put pressure on the teams above them.
The goals were scored by Paige Shorten with two, Chelsea Garrett, Jodie Drake and Hayley Peverley.
Co-manager Emma Fletcher said: 'What awful conditions - it could have ruined the game but fair play to not only our ladies but Braintree as well, as both sides played good football.
You may also want to watch:
'It's another three points and it keeps the pressure on the sides just above us, so that was our main priority.'
Although currently in fifth place, Norwich have two games in hand over three teams above. Second-place Enfield are currently on 34 points from 16 games, while City have 29 from 14.
- 1 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 2 Stunning images capture Cromer in the snow
- 3 'Anti-social rider' has quadbike seized in the snow
- 4 Floral tributes left to driver killed in A148 crash
- 5 Jailed in Norfolk: Burglars, domestic abuse and threats to kill
- 6 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 7 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 8 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 9 IN PICTURES: The businesses still going strong in lockdown
- 10 Man who felt lonely caught drink-driving, court hears
This Sunday Norwich travel to Braintree, who were promoted into the Combination last season but have struggled to gain points, for a re-match hoping for more of the same.