Norwich City Ladies seek quick double over Braintree
Norwich City Ladies will be looking for a quick double over Braintree on Sunday as they head into a crucial part of the season.
They hosted the SE Combination basement side last weekend and despite a number of players absent through illness, injuries and unavailability, the Canaries got a comprehensive 5-0 win.
Despite the horrible windy conditions felt by all teams over the weekend, City played their normal passing game to claim another three points and put pressure on the teams above them.
The goals were scored by Paige Shorten with two, Chelsea Garrett, Jodie Drake and Hayley Peverley.
Co-manager Emma Fletcher said: 'What awful conditions - it could have ruined the game but fair play to not only our ladies but Braintree as well, as both sides played good football.
You may also want to watch:
'It's another three points and it keeps the pressure on the sides just above us, so that was our main priority.'
Although currently in fifth place, Norwich have two games in hand over three teams above. Second-place Enfield are currently on 34 points from 16 games, while City have 29 from 14.
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 3 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 4 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 5 Appeal to identify man, around 75, who died in medical episode
- 6 Norwich mum and daughter duo shed 12st
- 7 ATM containing thousands of pounds stolen from petrol station
- 8 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 9 Family pays tribute to man killed after collision with double-decker bus
- 10 Former factory site to become a new church
This Sunday Norwich travel to Braintree, who were promoted into the Combination last season but have struggled to gain points, for a re-match hoping for more of the same.