Norse financial accountant picks up regional award
Leanne Fisher, Financial Accountant at Norse Commercial Services, picked up the regional Marks and Spencer Sieff award, at the recent Business In The Community 2012 'Responsible Business of the Year Awards'.
The award recognises the emerging next generation leaders; individuals who are driving sustainability values into the heart of the business to help transform the way they do business in the future.
The judges noted that Leanne, who joined Norse in November 2012, inspires and motivates colleagues whilst improving business processes and reducing auditing costs; her drive and ambition has also seen her create a number of apprenticeships where she is developing a pool of talent.
'As the role was a new position within the business it has provided me with ample opportunity to bring my prior experience, and implement some simple changes that have resulted in cost savings,' Leanne commented. 'I am always a keen advocate of training the next generation, and with Norse being so keen on developing new staff and the apprentice scheme this has provided me with a great base to develop my team.'
You may also want to watch:
Norse Human Resources Director Tricia Fuller said, 'This is a great achievement for Leanne and we all congratulate her for making her mark so early on in her career with us. We wish her the best of luck as she goes on to the Albert Hall in July for the national awards.'
- 1 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 4 Revealed: Where most parking tickets have been issued in Norfolk
- 5 Weird Norfolk: Is Diss Mere the waterlogged crater of an extinct volcano?
- 6 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 7 Key workers share 'unnecessary and frustrating' impact of panic-buying
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Search continues for man with knife who chased victim into KFC
- 10 Can you spot yourself at Let's Rock Norwich?
Candidates nominated for this accolade have demonstrated:
• Innovation and collaboration in addressing current business challenges
• How they have been an inspirational force for positive change within their business
• The ability to inspire and motivate colleagues and teams
• The appetite to have important, positive and sustainable impact within the business and community in their career
• A reputation as an upcoming leader within their business
Norse are sponsoring The Best of Enterprise & Innovation Zone at The B2B Exhibition 2013. Call into see them at their stand on 17 October at Norwich City Football Club.
For more information on the Norfolk Chamber of Commerce and their business to business exhibition, visit www.edp24.co.uk/business/norfolk-chamber-of-commerce or www.norfolkchamber.co.uk.