Norfolk woman nearly missed out on £25,000 lottery win
- Credit: Archant
A woman from Horning nearly missed out on a £25,000 lottery win after moving house.
Kay Harmer, 53, plays the People's Postcode Lottery and won a £25,000 prize when she was included in the draw for her old post code in Horning.
But she nearly missed out on the prize after moving away from the area.
She said: 'I have changed my postcode but only just, so my old postcode was included in the last draw – thank goodness!
'I just can't wipe this grin off my face. I need to calm down.'
You may also want to watch:
Although Mrs Harmer, who owns a car company with husband Geoffrey, is still in shock over her win, she knows exactly how she's going to spend it.
'We really want a motor home,' she said. 'My dad got one recently and we loved it and now we can splash out on one.'
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 3 New women's only fitness studio to open in Norwich
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 6 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 9 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 10 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
She is looking forward to celebrating her win with daughter, Holly, at the weekend. 'I'm sure we'll treat Holly to something for her home,' she added.
Players of People's Postcode Lottery have raised more than £154 Million to date for over 2,000 good causes across the UK and internationally.
One of the projects which has received support from players is The Bramerton Society which is near Horning. It was awarded more than £1,100 this year to create a community orchard.