Norfolk’s incredible Thursford Christmas Spectacular opens
- Credit: Ian Burt
After months of rehearsals and military-style planning, the big day's here.
Performers take to the stage today for the opening shows in this year's Thursford Christmas Spectacular.
And producer and director John Cushing, who has been putting on the incredible festive celebration for 39 years, said audiences can look forward to the biggest and best yet.
'We will take them on a magical journey of music, singing, dancing, sound and colour which they never dreamed was possible,' he said.
'We've all been working very hard in rehearsals. It's exciting for the cast, who've been working on it for the last four or five weeks.'
You may also want to watch:
Thousands will flock to the Thursford Collection, tucked away between Fakenham and Holt, over the next six weeks, to be enthralled by the magic on stage.
They'll come from all corners of Norfolk, the UK and further afield - like the army of performers, musicians and backstage team who bring glitz and glamour to rival London's West End to a remote corner of Norfolk.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 7 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 10 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
More than 160,000 are expected to join the audience for this year's show, which runs from Wednesday, November 11 until Wednesday, December 23.
Seats are priced £30 - £40. To book, call 01328 878477 Monday - Friday 9am - 4pm, or click here.