Dereham based water system manufacturer donates to Kidney Research UK’s office refurbishment
- Credit: Archant
A Dereham based water system manufacturer has assisted in the refurbishment of Kidney Research UK's office in Peterborough by donating a new water system.
Zip Water UK has donated the HydroTap, which delivers instant filtered boiling and chilled water, for the charity's office in Nene Hall.
The charity's team of 60 people were having to make do with a small break out area and two kettles, which meant long queues for drinks
Anne-Marie McCarthy, finance director at Kidney Research UK, said: 'We couldn't have been more delighted when Zip Water UK very generously gifted us a HydroTap. It's made a staggering difference to the office.
'We don't have to waste time waiting for the kettle and everyone is keeping hydrated, which we know is essential when you want to be productive and healthy. It is the perfect addition to the new, bigger kitchen area.
You may also want to watch:
'There are lots of good causes out there, so it's a competitive environment. We depend on having face-to-face conversations with our supporters. It's amazing how a relationship can blossom over a good cup of tea.'
Zip Water also provided every member of staff with their own reusable aluminium bottle to help them stay hydrated throughout the day, reducing the need to buy single-use plastic bottles, which are hugely damaging to the environment.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Six North Norfolk beaches awarded blue flag status for summer 2021
- 3 Woman hurt in hit-and-run crash near school
- 4 Disabled driver fined £60 for stopping to clean windscreen at hospital
- 5 Garage owner has five months to clear site or face jail
- 6 Firefighters ripping out thatch to stop house fire spreading
- 7 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 8 'It was divine' - Why this seafood platter is receiving rave reviews online
- 9 UEA scientist warns against surge vaccination to combat Indian variant
- 10 Gunn and Walton on City watch list as Nyland future remains unclear
Marketing director at Zip Water, Russell Owens, said: 'We're pleased to help Kidney Research UK provide such an important element to their office refurbishment.
'Having a clean, safe and sustainable water supply is vital, not to mention having filtered boiling and chilled water available at the touch of a button.
'We hope the team enjoy greater hydration and can put their kettle-boiling time to better use.'
Kidney Research UK relies almost entirely on public donations to complete its invaluable work, with its aim to find better treatments and cures.
There are currently three million people in the UK with kidney disease and 60,000 people die prematurely each year because of it. If you would like to find out more about Kidney Research UK or donate, please visit www.kidneyresearchuk.org.