Yummy: Norfolk marmalade judged to be ‘outstanding’ in Great Taste Awards
- Credit: Archant
Happisburgh-based Ollands Farm Foods has won two stars for its Seville Orange Marmalade at the Great Taste Awards 2017, which celebrate the best in food and drink.
It's the first time the firm has received Great Taste stars and owner Mary Ann Stuart said: 'Out of over 12,300 products being judged, just over 1,000 received a two-star award.
'The awards are judged by over 500 of the most demanding food critics, chefs, restaurateurs and food writers, so to be recognised is really fantastic.
'We make all our products by hand in small batches in our own kitchen using traditional methods.'
Being awarded two stars out of a possible three means the judges dubbed the marmalade 'outstanding'.
You may also want to watch:
It's the first time in several years that a Norfolk marmalade has been recognised in this way.
The Seville Orange Marmalade won a gold award at the World's Original Marmalade Awards in March.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop