YouTube stars Pixiwoo to bring new book tour to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Online sensations, Pixiwoo, will be bringing their beauty brilliance to Norwich this weekend as they celebrate the release of their new book, Face.
When it comes to local YouTube stars, the first name that spring to mind is generally Tanya Burr, who has carved out a successful career making tutorials, vlogs and various other videos.
This week however, the names on everyone's lips are Sam Chapman and Nic Haste, two sisters from Norwich who together are known as Pixiwoo.
Pixiwoo was formed in 2008 when Sam, 39, began a YouTube channel under that name, on which she and Nic, 36, post hair and make-up tutorials as well as product reviews, and with more than two million subscribers, it's fair to say they have taken the internet, and the beauty world by storm.
The pair, who are the older sisters of fellow YouTuber Jim Chapman, both work as professional make up artists and to date have accumulated an impressive list of celebrity clients, started their own make-up courses, created a feature-length documentary for the BBC, and released a line of popular make-up brushes called Real Techniques.
You may also want to watch:
Now they're making the move from the online world to the publishing world, as their first book, Face, a guide to make-up for everyone from beginners to experts, is released.
As the book hits the shelves, the duo are celebrating by embarking on a book tour across the country, that will see them stop at Jarrold in Norwich on Saturday, October 22 for a signing, and the sister act could not be more excited.
- 1 The rise and fall of a beloved Norfolk wildlife park
- 2 Woman's life 'left in pieces' after being raped while unconscious
- 3 'One of life's gentlemen' - Neighbours describe killer's double life
- 4 'I was in tears': Dentist can keep working despite failing 13 patients
- 5 Man in 50s dies after crash between car and bicycle
- 6 Norfolk seaside village third most sought-after in UK
- 7 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 8 Part of A47 reopens after earlier accident
- 9 Builder opens shepherd huts on site with unusual feature
- 10 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
'It is the best feeling to be able to do a book signing in Norwich. Sam and I are Norwich girls through and through and we are extremely proud to be from there. We have both lived and worked in London but came home to Norwich to raise our families as it is such an amazing place. It's an absolute honour to have the support from the Norwich residents and share these special moments with them.' said Nic.
Sam added: 'We still shop in Jarrold and have done ever since I remember. It's so exciting that we can a sign our beautiful book not only in our hometown but also in a shop that means so much to us - it makes it all the more special.'
• Face by Pixiwoo is available to buy now. Tickets for the Norwich book signing are available from www.Jarrold.co.uk and cost £20.