YouTube stars Pixiwoo to bring new book tour to Norwich
- Credit: Archant
Online sensations, Pixiwoo, will be bringing their beauty brilliance to Norwich this weekend as they celebrate the release of their new book, Face.
When it comes to local YouTube stars, the first name that spring to mind is generally Tanya Burr, who has carved out a successful career making tutorials, vlogs and various other videos.
This week however, the names on everyone's lips are Sam Chapman and Nic Haste, two sisters from Norwich who together are known as Pixiwoo.
Pixiwoo was formed in 2008 when Sam, 39, began a YouTube channel under that name, on which she and Nic, 36, post hair and make-up tutorials as well as product reviews, and with more than two million subscribers, it's fair to say they have taken the internet, and the beauty world by storm.
The pair, who are the older sisters of fellow YouTuber Jim Chapman, both work as professional make up artists and to date have accumulated an impressive list of celebrity clients, started their own make-up courses, created a feature-length documentary for the BBC, and released a line of popular make-up brushes called Real Techniques.
Now they're making the move from the online world to the publishing world, as their first book, Face, a guide to make-up for everyone from beginners to experts, is released.
As the book hits the shelves, the duo are celebrating by embarking on a book tour across the country, that will see them stop at Jarrold in Norwich on Saturday, October 22 for a signing, and the sister act could not be more excited.
- 1 Meet the man behind a morbid new craze
- 2 Long stretch of A47 closed overnight due to crash
- 3 Norfolk pub gets booked up every Sunday for its roast dinner platters
- 4 18 sights you will remember from Norfolk in the 1980s
- 5 Villagers hope to take on land near their homes
- 6 New operators take over at council-owned leisure centre
- 7 Norwich venue offering Afternoon Cheese and it looks incredible
- 8 Renewed objections to demolition of pub empty for a decade
- 9 Custom-built six-bedroom home with indoor slide on the market for £900,000
- 10 A47 reopens after serious crash
'It is the best feeling to be able to do a book signing in Norwich. Sam and I are Norwich girls through and through and we are extremely proud to be from there. We have both lived and worked in London but came home to Norwich to raise our families as it is such an amazing place. It's an absolute honour to have the support from the Norwich residents and share these special moments with them.' said Nic.
Sam added: 'We still shop in Jarrold and have done ever since I remember. It's so exciting that we can a sign our beautiful book not only in our hometown but also in a shop that means so much to us - it makes it all the more special.'
• Face by Pixiwoo is available to buy now. Tickets for the Norwich book signing are available from www.Jarrold.co.uk and cost £20.