Youth theatre company prepares for major production
- Credit: Archant
A popular Lowestoft youth theatre company is set to stage a 'stunning show' next month.
The B&B Theatre Company will be performing their production of Les Misérables – School Edition at The Players Theatre at the Bethel in Battery Green Road, Lowestoft over Easter.
This is set to be the seventh production put on by the company, which was formed in 2010, with the aim of giving young people across Waveney a showcase for their talents in performing arts.
A stage production of the world famous musical has been lined up for a eight-performance run over Easter, from Tuesday, April 11 to Sunday, April 16.
The musical tells the epic tale of broken dreams, passion and redemption set against a nation in the throes of revolution.
You may also want to watch:
The production is being directed by Mim Coleman, choreographed by Charlotte Wood with musical direction from Frankie Ayers. It features a cast of 40 young people from across Waveney.
The B&B Theatre Company that was set up in August 2010, by five students who were then at Benjamin Britten High School. Since starting the group has made tremendous achievements, winning production awards and awards for their dedication and commitment to young people, and running and operating an organisation for young people by young people.
- 1 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Do you recognise this man?
- 5 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 6 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 7 Bus services to be cancelled and changed amid driver shortage
- 8 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 9 Why this Norfolk village is one of the best in the UK
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Among them was Ryan Holt, 22, from Lowestoft, who is the chairman of The B&B Theatre Company and assistant director of the show.
An information evening and auditions were held in September, and Mr Holt said: 'We were overwhelmed with the talent of the young people that auditioned for the production. It's the biggest show we've ever produced.
'We're really excited to be presenting this production at the Players Theatre, as it is such a intimate venue where the actors can connect with the audience.
'It's going to be a stunning show.'
? Tickets are on sale this Friday via the box office on 01502 770020 or alternatively you can book online at www.playerstheatre.info
? Have you got a Lowestoft or Waveney story? Tell The Journal by contacting senior reporter Mark Boggis on 01502 525833 or alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org