Your chance to go to premiere of Alan Partridge film Alpha Papa
- Credit: Archant
There may be disappointment among Alan Partridge fans that the long-awaited film may not be premiered in Norfolk.
But through social media, one fan of the fictional Norfolk radio presenter, played by Steve Coogan, will be able to go to the premiere of Alan Partridge: Alpha Papa - by applying for a job as his assistant.
A fictional job advert has been released for a personal assistant for the 'local radio personality' from north Norfolk.
It says applicants must speak fluent English; be comfortable with bawdy banter and have excellent knowledge of the Norwich and north Norfolk area.
Other attributes include sensible footwear - Crocs are acceptable but frivolous heels, buckles and laces are not.
You may also want to watch:
Daily toilet breaks while working for the embarrassing and crass presenter cannot exceed 28 minutes each day and the pay would be £8,000 a year.
People must be over 18 to enter the competition to win two tickets to the premier and an iPad.
- 1 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 2 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 3 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 4 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 5 Ghosts of business past: Empty shop units for rent for £100,000
- 6 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 7 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 8 City recruitment chief linked with Boro exit
- 9 'Oh no, not another one' - lake drowning triggers soul-searching over safety
- 10 Pub has to close indefinitely as town cleans up after floods
They should submit a short video of no more than 30 seconds explaining why they have got what it takes to be Alan's personal assistant.
The winner will go to the premiere, the exact location of which has not yet been confirmed, in the middle of July, and the movie will be out in cinemas on August 7.
Filming was done in Sheringham, Cromer and Norwich city centre earlier this year and attracted crowds who tried to get a glimpse of the love him or loathe him character.
The videos need to be uploaded to Twitter by midnight on July 17 and should include #ALANSASSISTANT
A campaign has been started by two friends to get the film premiered in Norwich.
The idea by Rob Wilkes, 39, and Rafiq Turnbull, 40, has attracted thousands of fans on Facebook and has been retweeted by Ricky Gervais and Steve Coogan's company, Baby Cow Productions.
On Saturday fans of the comedy gathered outside City Hall in Norwich with posters and placards to get the premiere location changed.
The campaigners have also written a song entitled Partridge State of Mind which sets out why the premiere should be held in Norwich.
? To view the terms and conditions visit www.facebook.com/AlanPartridge