Your chance to design a GoGoDragon! for Norwich art trail
- Credit: copyright: Archant 2014
A clan of decorated dragons are set to fly into Norwich next year - and today we are launching a competition giving readers the chance to design the mythological creature that will make the EDP and Evening News office its lair.
Following in the footsteps of the 2013 GoGoGorillas! fundraising troop of apes, next summer 80 dragon sculptures will descend upon the city to raise funds for children's charity Break.
The Evening News and EDP are sponsoring the dragon that will sit outside our head office, Prospect House, and we are now asking readers to get creative and send in their design ideas for our fiery beast.
You may also want to watch:
We had a brilliant response for our previous design-a-GoGoGorilla! competition - won by reader Sally Adams with her Superman-inspired design - so we are looking forward to seeing the great ideas that GoGoDragons! inspires.
People of all ages can enter and both individuals and groups can take part.
- 1 Body found in search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 2 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 3 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 4 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 5 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 6 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 7 Norfolk man who had sexual relationship with teen jailed
- 8 Man defrauded more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm to fund gambling addiction
- 9 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 10 Norfolk and Waveney's 30 under 30 - from world-beating athletes to business owners
EDP and Evening News editor Nigel Pickover said: 'The GoGoGorillas! were the stars of summer 2013 in Norwich and we are looking forward to welcoming GoGoDragons! to our fine city next year.
'These wonderful mythological beasts will be great canvases for creativity, and we hope people of all ages will be inspired to enter our competition to design the EDP and Evening News GoGoDragon!'
The winning design will be recreated on our dragon sculpture by a professional artist, and a selection of other entries could also be put forward for consideration by sponsors of other dragon sculptures.
• Design entries for the Evening News and EDP Design-A-GoGoDragon! Competition should be sent to: Evening News and EDP Design-A-GoGoDragon! Competition, Prospect House, Rouen Road, Norwich, NR1 1RE.
Designs must be accompanied by the entrant's name, age, address and contact telephone number, as well as a short statement explaining the design. Entries by people under 16 must also include the name and contact details of their parent or guardian.
The closing date for entries is Monday, October 6. Normal Archant competition rules apply.