Youngster’s sponsored run from Overstrand to East Runton
A young runner has taken part in a sponsored event to help raise money for the charity which is helping his great-grandmother battle cancer.
Connor Snelling, nine, from Cromer made the decision to do a sponsored run from Overstrand to East Runton because his great-grandmother, Viv Royal, 72, who lives in East Runton has cancer.
He said: 'I wanted to do it because my great-grandma has got cancer, she has been diagnosed with it, so I thought it would be a nice idea to a charity thing.'
He is raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support, which provide practical, medical, emotional and financial support for those affected by cancer. Their nurses have been helping to look after his great-gran.
Connor also said he had been training hard for the run, having run half the distance as practise.
You may also want to watch:
His aim had been to raise �50, but so far he has already exceeded expectations, raising nearly �600.
The run, which is just under four miles, took Connor just over half-an-hour to complete. He was also able to stop along the way and take quick water breaks. He was also accompanied by friends and family on cycles to make sure he was okay.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 3 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 4 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 5 Revealed: Norfolk's hotspots for Japanese Knotweed in 2021
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Tractors and harvesters sold as farming family retires after 100 years
- 9 Air ambulance called to person's aid in Dereham
- 10 Matt Hancock faces calls to resign after allegation of affair with aide
Mum Louise Snelling said: 'He has done really well, we are all proud of him.'
Donations can still be made to Connor via his Just Giving page at www.justgiving.com/go-connor.