Young Wroxham footballer loses his brave fight for life following car crash near Norwich
A young footballer who suffered serious injuries in a car crash near Norwich has died.
Liam Still, 21, a goalkeeper for both Wroxham Reserves FC and Riverside Rovers, was injured after the blue Vauxhall Corsa he was driving left the B1108 Watton Road, at Bawburgh, and collided with a tree.
The accident happened at around 5.15am on Saturday as he was travelling towards Norwich, where he lives.
Mr Still, nicknamed 'Stillo', was initially treated at the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital (NNUH) but was transferred to Addenbrooke's Hospital in Cambridge on Sunday where he died in the early hours of this morning.
The family had previously issued a statement which told of their 'devastation' over what has happened, but thanked family and friends for the support they have received as well as the 'outstanding' care given by hospital staff.
For full story see tomorrow's paper.
Would you like to pay tribute to Liam? Send your words and pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Man arrested after passenger dies in Old Buckenham crash
- 3 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 4 Plumber's plan for 'enormous' garage in his back garden rejected
- 5 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 6 Police hunting for Norwich man wanted for three weeks
- 7 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 8 Suspect identified in seafront hate attack
- 9 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week