Young woman dies following collision with lorry on A47 at Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A young woman has died following a collision on the A47 north of Lowestoft.
The woman, who was on foot, was in collision with an HGV on the north bound carriageway, near Jay Lane, at around 2.50pm yesterday.
Emergency services attended and the young woman, from Lowestoft, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with serious injuries, however she died just before 10pm last night.
The northbound carriageway on the A47 re-opened at around 7.25pm last night, after police carried out an initial investigation at the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they sent an ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to thank those who have already called in and continue to ask anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 261 of Monday, May 22.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 3 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 6 School shuts 20 minutes before opening time after staff Covid case
- 7 Boss locked out of own salon after Covid 'vigilantes' glue door shut
- 8 'Fighting every shift' - intensive care nurse's harrowing Covid video diary
- 9 'Extraordinary' outbreak of Covid in Norwich prison
- 10 Military personnel deployed to help N&N cope with Covid pressures