Young woman dies following collision with lorry on A47 at Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A young woman has died following a collision on the A47 north of Lowestoft.
The woman, who was on foot, was in collision with an HGV on the north bound carriageway, near Jay Lane, at around 2.50pm yesterday.
Emergency services attended and the young woman, from Lowestoft, was taken to the James Paget University Hospital in Gorleston with serious injuries, however she died just before 10pm last night.
The northbound carriageway on the A47 re-opened at around 7.25pm last night, after police carried out an initial investigation at the scene.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said they sent an ambulance crew, rapid response vehicle, ambulance officer and the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to thank those who have already called in and continue to ask anyone who saw the incident to call the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD number 261 of Monday, May 22.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 3 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 4 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 5 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 6 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 7 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 8 Woman left 'penniless' while waiting five weeks for first pension payment
- 9 What does the ice-cream man do during winter?
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre