Young Thetford chess player wins two titles at Norfolk tournament
- Credit: Archant
A young chess star has continued to go from strength-to-strength after success in a competition.
Jaden Jermy, from Thetford, won the won the under-12 category and under-14 category at the Norfolk Junior Chess Championship in Norwich.
It was the first home tournament for the 12-year-old who taught himself to play by reading books and watching tutorials.
His proud mother, Michelle Jermy, said: 'He has started now with his coaching and he [the coach] is really impressed with Jaden. He just lives and breathes chess.
'The organiser of the tournament had said he had heard of Jaden and it was nice because he asked Jaden for a game.'
You may also want to watch:
The Thetford Grammar School pupil recently secured a place with the England under-18s squad and will play in Spain in August.
Miss Jermy added: 'He just makes me chuckle how he gets up in the morning and watches videos on chess.'
- 1 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 2 Fire crews rush to a crash near Norfolk village
- 3 Two men in critical condition as multiple people stabbed
- 4 Police swoop on Norwich address
- 5 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 6 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 7 Norwich cat torturer who murdered pensioner ‘planned to carry on killing’
- 8 Swathes of new homes for village move step closer with new planning bid
- 9 Secluded Broads farmhouse in almost 11 acres goes up for sale
- 10 Farm worker fined after hay bales fall off trailer and hit car