‘Life’s completely different for me now’ - Young slimmer loses more than 6 stone to overcome diabetes
- Credit: ebony warnes
A 19-year-old from Hellesdon has lost 6.5 stone in just nine months and rid herself of diabetes.
Ebony Warnes joined the Monday Hellesdon Slimming World Group in April 2017 and after losing more than six stone has been named the group's Young Slimmer of the Year.
Miss Warnes said: 'At first I couldn't believe how much food I could eat and still lose weight. It was so different from what I'd expected because I always thought losing weight meant not eating very much or cutting out all your favourite meals. How wrong was I?
'Thanks to the plan and picking up ideas shared by other members in the group, I've learned loads about food and cooking, and I can still enjoy burgers and chips, spaghetti bolognese and curries - all packed full of Free Food. I've honestly never once felt hungry since joining Slimming World.'
Miss Warnes credits Free Food as the key to her weight loss success and is now urging others to get behind a month-long healthy eating food festival known as Free Food February.
You may also want to watch:
Other huge factors in her slimming success include becoming more active and receiving support from the group.
'I don't think I could have achieved everything I have without them. Life's completely different for me now and I'm so grateful to Slimming World for that - and proud of myself too,' she said
- 1 Fire crews battling large house blaze
- 2 Seven cosy pubs to visit in Norfolk this winter
- 3 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 4 Jailed this week: Primark brawl, attempted murder and abuse
- 5 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 6 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 7 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 8 Roof collapses into home after major blaze engulfs it
- 9 Three cars crash and two end up in ditches on rural road
- 10 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
Emma Vaughan who runs the Hellesdon Slimming Wold group added: 'Ebony is a huge inspiration. I'm absolutely delighted for Ebony and so proud of how much she has achieved. She walked through my doors in April 2017, as a very shy and quiet 18-year-old with diabeties, she has flourished before our eyes with her confidence and is a much loved and admired member within our group, and best of all, is no longer diabetic.
'I hope Ebony and her passion for healthy eating and Free Food will inspire people of all ages to get involved with Free Food February and make a change of their own.'
To discover more about Free Food February and how you can get involved call Emma Vaughan on 07775151911.