Young generation helps old as scout group creates striking new wall art for Eye care home
- Credit: Lucy Taylor.
A scout group created some new wall art for elderly residents at a care home.
1st Eye Scout group worked on the four pieces of artwork for their world challenge award for several months.
Children visited Hartismere Place care home during the project to play games with residents and draw up their ideas for the artwork.
It now has pride of place in the garden at the venue in Eye, near Diss.
Hartismere place customer relations manager, Angela Hodge, said: 'We were delighted when the 1st Eye Scout Group chose us for this exciting project. The residents have loved having the children around and contributing their own ideas to the artwork.
You may also want to watch:
'The final piece looks brilliant and really helps bring our garden to life.
'We would like to thank the scouts for all their hard work on the artwork, which now makes a lovely backdrop to the area where the residents and garden club have been busy planting seeds and bulbs.'
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 4 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 5 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 6 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 7 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations
- 8 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash