Second Norfolk venue to offer driving lessons for children as young as 10
- Credit: Archant
A driving course which lets children as young as 10 get behind the wheel is launching a second training centre in Norfolk.
Young Driver, which provides driving lessons for children aged 10 to 17, will be running new events at the Costessey park and ride site following the success of its first venue.
Courses, which see children drive a dual-controlled Vauxhall Corsa with a qualified instructor, have been running at the Norfolk Showground for the past year and nationally Young Driver has provided 550,000 lessons at more than 60 venues.
A special road system is created at the venues, with traffic signs, roundabouts and junctions, along with special areas to practice manoeuvres such as steering, control and parking.
The emphasis of the lessons is on safety and encouraging youngsters to consider how to drive responsibly, giving them time to perfect the necessary driving skills without the pressures of public roads.
Laura White, head of marketing at Young Driver, said the new Norfolk venue will offer a slightly different driving experience when courses start next month.
'We are really excited to be launching our second site in Norfolk,' she said. 'Demand has been so high that we needed a second venue and Costessey park and ride will give us the opportunity to run on more dates, offering more availability to youngsters in the area.
- 1 Broads Authority moves to prosecute pub over caravans - again
- 2 A47 reopens after it was closed for six hours due to crash
- 3 See inside this idyllic family home up for sale with NO nearby neighbours
- 4 Former coastal restaurant up for auction
- 5 EXCLUSIVE: The faces behind City's prospective US investment
- 6 Thousands expected to attend huge four-day steam extravaganza
- 7 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 8 Motorcylist in 50s in hospital with serious injuries after tyre shop crash
- 9 Man claims supermarket fuel was contaminated as he reveals £200 repair bill
- 10 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk today
'It will also mean drivers can try both venues out for a slightly different driving experience. We'll use the car park to create different zones, providing plenty of opportunities for youngsters to try out lots of different driving skills and techniques.'
Driving tuition is available for disabled youngsters and Young Driver can also cater for birthday parties. Lessons start from £36.45 and more information can be found on the Young Driver website.