Young dancers ready to show as they head to European competition
- Credit: Archant
Students from LK's School of Dance will be travelling to Germany next month to take on dancers at the European Street Dance Championships.
The dance school, which holds classes in Diss, Palgrave, Eye, Old Buckenham, Mulbarton and Thorpe St Andrew, has 19 members who have qualified for the competition.
All 12 members of Diss-tinction, who are aged 13 to 19, have qualified as a duo or single in addition to as a crew. And the seven members of Diss-ruption, aged seven to 11, have qualified for single and duo dances. They are waiting to find out if they have qualified as a group too.
The European competition will take place from May 13 to 15 and Lynne Bailey, who started the school nine years ago, said she is very proud of her dancers.
She said: 'The competition is massive. There are dancers from all over Europe. And it is brilliant we have qualified. I am ecstatic for them and immensely proud. It is just a fantastic experience for them.'
You may also want to watch:
With all the dancers qualified for the UDO World Street Dance Championships held in Glasgow in August, Ms Bailey said the focus is on training hard and pushing for Europe.
She said: 'I have pupils in my older team who have been with me since they were five or six years old. I am so proud of my dancers. Everyone puts 100pc in and they are training so hard.'
- 1 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 2 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 3 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 4 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 5 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 6 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 7 Blind woman 'humiliated' as restaurant turns her away due to her guide dog
- 8 Councils could spend millions to buy former Aviva office for new HQ
- 9 The most popular baby names in Norfolk in 2020 are revealed
- 10 City keeper diagnosed with testicular cancer
The dance school is raising money to help cover the cost of their trip to Germany.
To sponsor them visit https://www.gofundme.com/dancers-germany
For more information about the dance school visit http://www.lksschoolofdance.co.uk/