Young cast members sought for Sheringham’s panto
- Credit: Archant
Young stage talent is being sought to join the cast of a north Norfolk pantomime.
Sheringham Little Theatre's professional panto Robin Hood will run from Tuesday December 9 to Saturday, January 3.
The venue is now seeking young people aged eight to 21, who are being invited to audition for a range of leading and chorus roles.
Theatre director Debbie Thompson said: 'They must be able to sing and dance but do not need to prepare anything as they will be taught a routine and song to perform on the day.
'They will be asked to sing solo and are advised to wear clothes they can move in.'
You may also want to watch:
Important roles include the likes of Jack and Jill (must be aged between eight and 13 years), Little John and Will Scarlett (16 to 21), the Merry Men and guards (boys aged 14 and over) and Nottingham villagers (aged 8 to 21).
Auditions are at the theatre on Sunday September 21 at 9.30am.
- 1 Son's plea for help as mum, 87, goes missing from care home
- 2 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 3 This charming village pub is worth travelling to from across Norfolk
- 4 Hundreds of volunteers search for missing 87-year-old Margaret Smith
- 5 Man in critical condition after Norwich assault
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms this week after Monday heat
- 7 Broads pub with 'bags of potential' for sale for £375,000
- 8 Family's distress as Covid rules force double-jabbed mother into isolation
- 9 Woman airlifted to hospital following equestrian accident in Beccles
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
If chosen, younger actors will work in two teams, rehearsing on Sundays in October and November, and evenings and weekends from Monday, November 24 until the production starts. Each team will then do one show a day throughout the run.
Mrs Thompson said: 'This is a huge commitment – for parents, as well as the young people – but it is also an incredible opportunity.
'While they do not have to have any experience, we do ask those trying out to be keen, enthusiastic and hard working.
'If chosen, they will be given the chance to be part of a professional and very popular pantomime and they will also find out just how much fun it is to be part of a show like this.'
• For more information on the auditions, or to book tickets, please visit www.sheringhamlittletheatre.com