Young carers charity receives donation from Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk young carers' charity has been presented with a cheque from the Rotary Club of Holt and District.
Bev Townsend, from BOOM! Young Carers, was presented with a cheque for £800 after a fund-raising event led by Rotary member Margaret Bolton.
Tickets were sold for a lunch at Mrs Bolton's home and attendees made donations and took part in a raffle.
BOOM! Young Carers started in April 2014, providing young carers from across Norfolk with a range of fun and sociable activities as well as essential support.
Their service runs regular young carers' groups around the county, providing a safe, supportive environment for young carers to let their hair down, make friends, play and socialise.
You may also want to watch:
Young carers are children and young people up to the age of 18 whose lives are affected by caring for someone in their family with long-term illness or disability.
Find out more at benjaminfoundation.co.uk/boom
- 1 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 2 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 3 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 4 Atlantis Tower up for sale after owner signs ‘outrageous’ loan deal
- 5 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 6 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 7 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 8 Man's neck broken after being hit by 800kg load which fell off forklift
- 9 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 10 A47 closed in both directions after crash