Young carers charity receives donation from Rotary Club
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk young carers' charity has been presented with a cheque from the Rotary Club of Holt and District.
Bev Townsend, from BOOM! Young Carers, was presented with a cheque for £800 after a fund-raising event led by Rotary member Margaret Bolton.
Tickets were sold for a lunch at Mrs Bolton's home and attendees made donations and took part in a raffle.
BOOM! Young Carers started in April 2014, providing young carers from across Norfolk with a range of fun and sociable activities as well as essential support.
Their service runs regular young carers' groups around the county, providing a safe, supportive environment for young carers to let their hair down, make friends, play and socialise.
You may also want to watch:
Young carers are children and young people up to the age of 18 whose lives are affected by caring for someone in their family with long-term illness or disability.
Find out more at benjaminfoundation.co.uk/boom
- 1 Man dies after medical emergency on beach
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 Man arrested on suspicion of drink and drug driving after fatal crash
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - Norfolk Christmas shopping frenzy has begun
- 5 Gilmour advised to quit City for Rangers loan return
- 6 'Glagoon' returns to Norfolk beach and locals are loving it
- 7 'Landmark' former Tuttles store could be set for new lease of life
- 8 Norfolk roadworks to be aware of this week
- 9 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 10 Top five Norfolk campsites according to Tripadvisor