Young businesswoman celebrates anniversary of Diss hair salon
A young businesswoman has spoken of her pride as she prepares to celebrate the first anniversary of her hair salon in Diss.
Former Hartismere High School pupil Alice Cotter opened Lilys in Victoria Road last year at the age of 19.
And the salon owner said she was thrilled with her achievements since realising her dream and setting up her own business.
The 20-year-old will be celebrating the salon's first anniversary with her clients on Saturday, October 27 at the salon on 30 Victoria Road from 6pm.
She said: 'Our first year has been a huge success and every day our clientele is growing. Since I opened in October last year we have expanded greatly in all aspects of the salon. I have brought in lots of new services since we have opened by popular demand. Lots of which are new colouring services that are exclusive to Lilys in Diss.'
You may also want to watch:
'Despite people's reservations of opening a business at only 19, I am delighted with Lilys achievements in our first year.'
Miss Cotter said she had brought in a new member of the Lilys team, Lauren Harvey, who is a Goldwell Colour Specialist.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 3 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 4 'Someone will get hurt' - Frustration over pothole near Norwich surgery
- 5 Tattoo studio owner fined after refusing to close in lockdown
- 6 Photo shows car inches from knocking cyclist off road
- 7 Norwich City drop huge hint of global star gig at Carrow Road
- 8 Elton John to kick off UK leg of farewell tour at Carrow Road
- 9 James Bond themed windmill owned by 007 star for rent
- 10 Hotel's new pizza restaurant enjoys 'fantastic' first month
The young entrepreneur from Thrandeston started working Saturdays at Formula hairdressers in Diss on an apprenticeship while completing her NVQ Level 2 hairdressing training at Bury College.