Young boy’s big idea to help less fortunate children
- Credit: Archant
With Hallowe'en fast approaching, the idea of witchcraft and wizardry symbolising spooky fun is something embraced by all – however in other cultures the idea of witchcraft being a threat is real.
But one Lowestoft boy hopes to help children affected by the impact of this superstition – by raising funds to buy colouring pens, pencils and books so they too can enjoy Christmas.
After hearing about the Nigerian based charity Land of Hope, which protects children accused of being witches from being beaten and shunned by their communities, five-year-old Herbie Paolantonio Hoad was inspired to do something to help.
Herbie's mum, Clara Paolantonio Hoad, 42, explained: 'I was amazed by his request and on further discussion he decided he would like to do something nice for Christmas – I am very proud of him.
'Any donations, no matter how small, will go a long way. These children will be so grateful and so will we for any support people give.'
You may also want to watch:
Since beginning fund-raising in September, with the support of parents Clara and Chris, brothers Luca, nine, and Joe, 14, Herbie has so far raised more than £40.
Herbie said: 'If I don't help them have an activity they will be sad, any donations will be good. Thank you to everyone who helps.'
- 1 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Giles Orpen-Smellie elected as police and crime commissioner
All donations made will be placed in Herbie's dinosaur money box named 'Hope', to donate visit: www.justgiving.com/crowdfunding/clara-paolantonio-hoad or firstname.lastname@example.org