You’d be quackers to miss Norwich charity duck auction
There will be 80 specially decorated plastic ducks on sale in Norwich this week to give local charity Break an added fundraising boost.
The competing ducks from the recent corporate race at the Grand Norwich Duck Race will be up for grabs to the highest bidder.
Organised by The Ribs of Beef Pub, on Fye Bridge Street, Norwich, a corporate race of 80 larger ducks and a public race with more than 5,000 smaller plastic ducks were run from St Georges Bridge down to Fye Bridge.
The 80 corporate ducks are being auctioned off at the Maids Head Hotel this Thursday at 6.30pm. All the ducks will be there to preview from midday to 4pm on the day of the auction. So far the duck race has already raised more than �10,000 for Break and the charity are hoping the auction will help to push closer to �15,000, with a bid of �750 already made for the Team Lotus Duck.
Spokesman for Break, Liz Richards, said: 'Here at Break we are all cream quackered! After months of planning the duck race with the Ribs of Beef we were so thrilled that so many people turned out on a grey Bank Holiday Monday to cheer on all the ducks.
You may also want to watch:
'We can't believe how many companies have decorated ducks which have not only made their way in a stately procession down the River Wensum but having dried off waiting to be snapped up at auction. This is such a big deal for Break and we would like to thank not only the Ribs and local companies but the many artists and thousands of individuals who sponsored a duck for the little duck race.'
If you can't get to the auction but would like to lodge a pre-auction bid for a duck, email Martin Green on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01603 670107. To see more of the ducks, go to www.break-charity.org/Events/Gallery/tabid/97/AlbumID/571-23/Default.aspx
- 1 Latest situation on fuel sees more queues despite continued assurances
- 2 County welcomes tankers but motorists continue to queue for fuel
- 3 Former DJ and worker at Norfolk school was a 'deviant sexual predator'
- 4 Jailed in Norfolk: Paedophiles and man caught with £15k of cannabis
- 5 Seaside restaurant hit with zero food hygiene rating
- 6 Flowers left by road in tribute after man's death
- 7 Roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week
- 8 'It's looking bleak' - City taxi firms respond to panic-buying at the pumps
- 9 Norfolk scams: Rogue gardeners and fake energy salespeople
- 10 Petrol queues causing rush hour delays despite assurances over fuel supply
Are you holding a charity event? Call Local Life editor David Freezer on 01603 772418 or email email@example.com