Lifeboat rescues yacht crew stuck in harbour
- Credit: Archant
A lifeboat crew rescued a yacht after it ran aground at a harbour during the night.
Wells All Weather Lifeboat was called out shortly after 6.10am on Sunday by Humber Coast Guard to a yacht with a crew of two which had run aground during the night in the entrance to Blakeney Harbour.
During the grounding, the yacht had sustained considerable rudder damage leaving it stuck to starboard.
The lifeboat crew arrived on the scene at 7.20am, where a lifeboat crew member climbed on board the yacht and rigged a tow before returning to Wells harbour where repairs could be undertaken.
The yacht was safely tied up on a mooring adjacent to the outer harbour and the two crew members were transferred to the shore.
You may also want to watch:
Following the incident, the lifeboat was sanitised, refuelled and made ready for service again.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found in water
- 2 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 3 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 4 Buy a former 1950s police station for sale for £330,000
- 5 Cardiac arrest call sparks rescue operation near beauty spot
- 6 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 7 Tributes to kind-hearted dad-of-three who died from Covid
- 8 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 9 Households with children to get two Covid tests per person every week
- 10 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake