Road clear now after bus got stuck under A47 bridge due to flooded road
- Credit: Michael Protheroe
A road was clear this morning after an X1 bus got stuck in flood water under the A47 bridge at Scarning yesterday.
The road was completely flooded under the bridge on the B1146 Dereham Road and the First Group, which runs the X1 from Dereham to Norwich and King's Lynn and on to Peterborough, cancelled buses through to Wendling and Scarning.
Norfolk police said officers were at the scene to tell motorists to take an alternative route.
A spokesman said the bus was recovered soon after 10am yesterday.
At 3pm a Norfolk County Council spokesman said the water was receding and the road was now 'passable with care'.
A spokesman said today that 'the road was completely clear this morning'.
- 1 M&S to close 32 stores as part of move away from town centres
- 2 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 3 Farmer says cousin's wedding venue will bring 'criminal activity'
- 4 The best places to eat in north Norfolk according to The Good Food Guide
- 5 Men fined more than £600 for fishing illegally
- 6 A47 clears following long delays after four-vehicle crash
- 7 Green light for new Sainsbury's store on 850-home estate
- 8 Norfolk garden centre wins 27th gold medal at Chelsea Flower Show
- 9 Factory worker was found dead at home, court told
- 10 Norwich man wins jackpot on BBC game show Pointless