Road clear now after bus got stuck under A47 bridge due to flooded road
- Credit: Michael Protheroe
A road was clear this morning after an X1 bus got stuck in flood water under the A47 bridge at Scarning yesterday.
The road was completely flooded under the bridge on the B1146 Dereham Road and the First Group, which runs the X1 from Dereham to Norwich and King's Lynn and on to Peterborough, cancelled buses through to Wendling and Scarning.
Norfolk police said officers were at the scene to tell motorists to take an alternative route.
A spokesman said the bus was recovered soon after 10am yesterday.
You may also want to watch:
At 3pm a Norfolk County Council spokesman said the water was receding and the road was now 'passable with care'.
A spokesman said today that 'the road was completely clear this morning'.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Hundreds more trees on route of Norwich NDR have died
- 3 BBC Autumnwatch returns to Norfolk for another season
- 4 'I remember shutting down' - Singer on cancer diagnosis at Norfolk hospital
- 5 950-home bid takes step forward after £7m developer contribution agreed
- 6 Couple fined £400 for digging up 8,000 Norfolk bluebells
- 7 Ford and Jaguar crash in second incident near village in same night
- 8 What might happen to former Debenhams store in city centre?
- 9 Road closed after crash involving car and two tractors
- 10 Power cut hits Norwich city centre