Red Rawlings: Wymondham man waxed for meningitis research
- Credit: Archant
A Wymondham man has had his back waxed to raise money for the Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF).
Mike Rawlings, managing director of Sunfold Systems Ltd, was waxed by his daughter, Lizzy, in their offices in Wymondham.
Mr Rawlings was unable to resist wincing and jumping from his chair on numerous occasions, and it was quite clear that his daughter found the whole experience rather more enjoyable.
Mr Rawlings was inspired to raise money for the cause after a family friend lost their son to meningitis at just seven weeks old.
The waxing has already vastly exceeded their target of £200, with £657 raised so far.
You may also want to watch:
The money will help the MRF fund free vaccinations and continue their education programme, which raises awareness of the symptoms of the infection.
You can donate to Mr Rawlings' fundraiser at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mikesbackwax
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: Norwich City Council LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 4 Moment delivery driver walks through shop window
- 5 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 6 Village pub's burgers are a hit for our reviewer as eating out returns
- 7 Two Norfolk destinations named among most scenic in UK
- 8 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 9 Make it modern: Norfolk rectory goes up for sale after renovation
- 10 Norfolk County Council Elections 2021: Joy for Greens in Norwich