Red Rawlings: Wymondham man waxed for meningitis research
- Credit: Archant
A Wymondham man has had his back waxed to raise money for the Meningitis Research Foundation (MRF).
Mike Rawlings, managing director of Sunfold Systems Ltd, was waxed by his daughter, Lizzy, in their offices in Wymondham.
Mr Rawlings was unable to resist wincing and jumping from his chair on numerous occasions, and it was quite clear that his daughter found the whole experience rather more enjoyable.
Mr Rawlings was inspired to raise money for the cause after a family friend lost their son to meningitis at just seven weeks old.
The waxing has already vastly exceeded their target of £200, with £657 raised so far.
The money will help the MRF fund free vaccinations and continue their education programme, which raises awareness of the symptoms of the infection.
You can donate to Mr Rawlings' fundraiser at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/mikesbackwax
- 1 Meet the new team behind revamped village pub
- 2 Woman in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 5 People are driving for hours to visit this loaded fries and doughnut kiosk
- 6 Obituary: Doctor, and son of Norwich's recycling empire founder, dies aged 69
- 7 One person taken to hospital after three-car crash on A47
- 8 Father accused of baby girl's murder 'had short fuse and made things up'
- 9 'TV naturalist suggests Western Link is not 'tolerable'
- 10 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted