Wymondham’s own magic roundabout lights up for the festive season
- Credit: Archant
A roundabout in Wymondham has been turned into a carousel of festivity, as every house has been illuminated with Christmas lights.
The Wood Avens Way round-about has be illuminated at Christmas for the past 13 years.
Resident Claire Melton said: 'It has been growing bigger every year. It started with just a few neighbours putting up their lights but it grew into a natural competition to see who could have the biggest and best ones.'
Now all 13 houses put on the light show from Sunday, November 26, till January 2.
The display is raising money for charity with funds being split between Pact Animal Sanctuary and Wymondham Dementia Support Group.
You may also want to watch:
Last year the residents raised £1,200 and are hoping to match that this year.
Mrs Melton added: 'Peter Williams will be coming along on Christmas Eve to play Christmas music and carols on his organ form 5.15 to 7.15pm.'
Donations can be made at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/woodavens2017
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Five former MoD homes go up for sale near Norwich
- 3 Roadside restaurant aiming to re-open before Christmas
- 4 Met Office issues warning for thunderstorms in Norfolk
- 5 Seal charity to take 'unprecendented' action to protect Norfolk seal colony
- 6 Two people arrested during police operation in south Norfolk
- 7 MP and parents concerned over traffic and parking chaos outside school
- 8 Two fires in two hours on mid-Norfolk road
- 9 Christmas Lights Walk with toasted marshmallows coming to garden
- 10 Furious Scout group demands apology from council in unpaid rents saga