Wymondham Photographic Society holds first open day
- Credit: Archant
A photographic society, which has been running for 47 years, has held its first open day to encourage new members to join and to offer advice.
The Wymondham Photographic Society, which was formed in 1969 as the Wymondham Camera Club, invited members of the public to come and speak to the members and find out more about their cameras and camera phones.
An exhibition of works from the 44 members was on display at the Wymondham Dell Bowls Club, where the society have been based since 2009, and visitors were able try their skills in a studio and there was also a demonstration on Photoshop.
Member Heather Lindsay said: 'People come in with their camera and they've said 'I don't know how to use it'.
'It is a lovely club and we like to nurture people and we are very sociable.'
The society meets every Tuesday evening from 8pm to 10pm between September to June.
In November, the organisation held their first international club battle with the Central Alberta Photographic Society in Red Deer, Canada.
- 1 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 2 Norfolk man arranged sexual exploitation of teen victim
- 3 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 4 Woman to stand trial accused of causing death by careless driving
- 5 Diners showered with glass after man smashes pub window
- 6 Norfolk Coast Path to close for eight weeks
- 7 Missing Beccles woman Jaime Larter, 42, found
- 8 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 9 Delays expected with A47 to close in both directions for 15 miles
- 10 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
Each club submitted 10 digital images which were judged in both in Wymondham and Canada with Wymondham coming out winners.
Society chairman John Cann added: 'It is to recruit new members if we can. We could do with at least another half dozen.
'It is something new for the club and we have not had an exhibition before and some of the members were asking why we didn't have one.
A coffee morning is also held on the first Friday of the month from 10am to 11.30am.
For more information visit http://www.wymondham-ps.org.uk/