‘I lost weight yet gained so much more’ - Wymondham slimmer on winning streak after shedding 9 stone
- Credit: slimming world
A mother from Wymondham is celebrating success after reaching her goal weight, setting up her own slimming group and becoming a finalist in a national competition.
Kimberly Read, who runs the Monday 7.30pm Slimming World Group in Wymondham, was recently invited to the organisation's head office as part of its national Consultant Slimmer of the Year awards.
The 30-year-old joined Slimming World in 2014, weighing nearly 21 stone. She began following the group's healthy eating plan and was thrilled to see results.
She said: 'Being able to lose weight without feeling hungry seemed too good to be true. I'm living proof that filling up on healthy foods like fruit, veg, pasta, potatoes and lean meats really does work though.
'I was nervous when I first walked through the door of my Slimming World group, but it was without a doubt one of the best decisions I've ever made. Before I lost the weight I could never have imagined having the confidence to try new things. My worries about my weight almost consumed me and I found it very difficult to do many of the things other people take for granted, like playing with my children.
'Since joining it's as though a whole new world has opened up to me. I might have lost weight, yet I've gained so much more - bags of confidence, a new zest for life and of course, my own business!'
After reaching her target weight of 11 stone 13lbs in April 2017, Mrs Read decided to train as a Slimming World Consultant herself, in order to help changes lives.
- 1 Distraught Norwich City fan 'lost £98k in football betting site collapse’
- 2 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 3 Flood alert on the Broads due to high water levels
- 4 Sale of council farm as part of 4,000 homes plan sparks controversy
- 5 Chef reopens historic Norwich coffee shop with roasts on the menu too
- 6 Lorry crashes into ditch in village near Norwich
- 7 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 8 Man had cocaine hidden in car when stopped by police
- 9 'Let's get this built' - Unanimous support for new £12m Norfolk hospital unit
- 10 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
'I learned so much at the Slimming World Academy and benefitted from the advice of fantastic trainers who have bags of experience when it comes to helping people achieve their weight loss dreams,' she said. 'I used to think that losing weight was one of the best feelings ever – yet helping others to turn their lives around is even better!'
All of this put Mrs Read in the running for Slimming World's Consultant Slimmer of the Year 2018 competition.
Despite not being named the overall winner, Mrs Read was presented with a certificate and gift and describes the whole experience as 'a dream come true'.
• The Wymondham Slimming World Group is held every Monday at 7.30pm at Wymondham Football Club. To find out more call Kimberly on 07584355415.