Wymondham girl wins medieval themed mobile library naming competition
- Credit: Archant
A Wymondham girl has won a competition to name a medieval themed mobile library.
'Sir Learnalot' was chosen as the winning submission, which is now emblazoned on the front of the van.
As part of her prize, Imogen, 12, was presented with a family ticket to Norwich Castle and Norfolk Museums, as well as a goodie bag from Norfolk Libraries and a bundle of Norwich Castle 'keep sakes'.
The mobile library is part of an ongoing partnership between Norwich Castle and Norfolk Libraries and aims to promote medieval history as part of the castle's keep restoration project.
Glenn Durrant, mobile libraries manager for Norfolk Libraries, said: 'It's a superb name, it stood out amongst all the others because learning encapsulates what the library is all about, and with the knight theme it was a clear winner.'
Imogen said she looks forward to visiting Sir Learnalot in Wymondham.
- 1 Doctors baffled by teenager's horrific long Covid symptoms
- 2 Norfolk man amongst UK's 12 most wanted
- 3 'Once in a lifetime catch' - man lands monster fish in Norfolk
- 4 Council leader arrested after suspected drink driving on Christmas Day
- 5 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 6 Pub near Dereham has its first winners of steak-eating challenge
- 7 Revealed: Travelodge behind multi-million pound hotel development
- 8 Norfolk village named among poshest places to live in the UK
- 9 Man threatened to petrol bomb ex-partner's home
- 10 Hot tub wrecked after car smashes through garden wall from Wilkos car park