Norwich WWE star Paige reportedly ‘done’ as in-ring wrestler due to injury
- Credit: John Giamundo
Norwich WWE wrestler Paige will never perform in the ring again due to her latest injury, according to reports.
The 25-year-old was recently kicked in the back by Sasha Banks during a live event in New York causing the match to be stopped.
Now PWInsider is reporting the Divas Champion 'was informed this week that she will not be cleared to return to the ring' following the injuring.
It was believed Paige, real name Saraya-Jade Bevis, had suffered a stinger leading to her losing feeling in her extremities.
But reports suggest further test revealed the injury is similar to that which led to WWE legend Edge's medical disqualification from wrestling.
Paige only returned to the ring in November after 17 months out due to a period of troubles, including injuries and suspensions.
You may also want to watch:
She is currently still on the card for the first ever women's Royal Rumble match later this month but it has been reported that she will be replaced in the match.
Paige has not commented on the speculation but posted the caption 'the comeback is always stronger than the setback' to her 4.3m Instagram followers yesterday.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 5 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 6 Police hunt for missing Beccles man
- 7 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 8 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 9 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 10 Antiques Road Trip films at Norfolk collectables shop
Hailing from Norwich, Paige grew up as part of a family of wrestlers, The Knights, who are well known for forming the World Association of Wrestling, along with Jimmy Ocean.
Paige's journey from humble beginnings to WWE superstar captured the interest of Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson, who along with Stephen Merchant has adapted it into a film called Fighting With My Family.
The movie, due for cinematic release later this year, stars Florence Pugh as well as Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey and Hott Fuzz star Nick Frost.
Various scenes were shot on location in Norfolk throughout April last year, in both Norwich and Great Yarmouth.