Norfolk goat named after Selena Gomez
- Credit: Supplied by Wroxham Barns
She has become a world-famous music and acting star, and now Selena Gomez can add a new feather to her cap - a Norfolk goat has been named in her honour.
The visitor site Wroxham Barns has recently acquired the female Boer goat, which is due to give birth to twins in a couple of weeks.
Ben Marshall, general manager, said that after asking for ideas on social media, the name Selena Goatmez was chosen for the new arrival.
Mr Marshall said: "We all need a little chuckle to keep our spirits lifted and we loved looking at the hundreds of name suggestions for our new goat, but this one stood out and made us laugh.
"We thought adding Selena Goatmez would work perfectly as her paddock is opposite Ant and Dec the alpacas who joined us a year ago, and are somewhat local celebrities with everyone wanting an Ant and Dec selfie.
"Selena is very vocal when it comes to feeding time, so we knew this was the perfect name for her."
Wroxham Barns has also recently welcomed a new flock of rare sheep.
- 1 Long-awaited plans for A47 roundabout revamps revealed
- 2 Hopes rekindled for new £20m railway station
- 3 'We're over the moon': Family overjoyed as missing Norwich girl returns home
- 4 Patient dies while waiting in ambulance for hospital bed
- 5 Snow starts to fall in Norfolk - but will it last?
- 6 John Lewis boss bids farewell to Norwich store after nearly three decades
- 7 New 4,000 home garden village idea criticised by countryside charity
- 8 'Please come home': Family's plea to help find missing Norwich girl
- 9 Which of the major shops are staying closed this Boxing Day?
- 10 Ongoing roadworks to be aware of in Norfolk this week