Would you wear your baby to work?
- Credit: Brian Coombes
A father from Norwich was surprised after a photo he posted on Facebook of his creative child care solution went viral.
Brian Coombes, a self-employed hairdresser, shared a photo on social media of him 'wearing' his newborn daughter Carmen in a sling while at work.
Mr Coombes had wanted to treat his wife to a haircut at his salon on Bedford Street, Norwich, but had been unable to get a baby sitter, so decided to take matters into his own hands.
He said: 'Because it was a hit with other clients in the salon at the time, I took a photo and posted it on my Facebook.
'At the time it got a few likes, then we thought nothing of it for a while, but last week a few hairdressers in America spotted it and shared it. Since then things have gone crazy, I've been getting messages and emails saying what a great idea it is!'
You may also want to watch:
He added: 'Don't worry, it's not a permanent solution, and we know it's not for everyone. Just thought it might give a few working dads a bit of a smile.'
More than 300,000 people have seen the photo so far and over 6,000 have liked it.
- 1 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 Housing firms slammed for removing trees and hedgerows 'in error'
- 4 Shock for Tories as they lose overall control of council
- 5 Man jailed after abducting 14-year-old girl
- 6 Woman left with bite wounds following dog attack
- 7 Great-grandmother can't dance amid gallbladder operation complications
- 8 Iconic seafront property sold as £50,000 donated to lifeboats
- 9 Martin Lewis: How to get your hands on £280 if you worked from home
- 10 Gay and trans people targeted in hate incident at school
• Would you wear your baby to work? Let us know in the comments below.